Monday, March 9, 2009

March in Vancouver means...

SNOW!!!!

I think all of us Vancouverites and Lower Mainlandrites weren't expecting a healthy dose of snow in March! Just last week I was contemplating whether to switch my winter coat for my spring coat but it's been confirmed that we all need our winter coats for at least until April!

Spring is coming (albeit slowly) and spring in Vancouver is just about the prettiest thing. We are so blessed to have the mountains, the water and CHERRY BLOSSOMS!

My parents are huge cherry blossom fans and last year their goal was to go and take photos of every type of cherry blossoms in Vancouver. This must be a Japanese thing as "Hanami" parties or "cherry blossom viewing" parties are a part of the Japanese culture as Hallowe'en is to the North American culture. Plus, it's just another excuse for Japanese people to party and get drunk I think.

So this year, I put my parents on a mission to track when and where the cherry blossoms bloom to scout out the best places to take family & engagement portraitures.

If you're interested in having a family or engagement portraiture session with the cherry blossoms in the backdrop drop me a line at mikaphotography@gmail.com!


Cherry Blossoms -copyright mika inokoshi photography

No comments: