Sunday, June 22, 2008

It all started with travel...

Photography for me started when I was given a film point and shoot before I went travelling to Japan for a year when I was 20 years old. That whole year was spent clicking away at anything that I saw and also being in front of the camera doing my "peace" signs like a proper Japanese girl should do.

I came home with over 2500 photos and I was hooked. I loved the thrill of "catching the moment". My travels over the next 5 years to Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan again and the tropical islands of Hawaii was documented with a SLR type Fuji digital camera. I often found myself taking photos of not just the landscape and architecture but of the people in each of the places that I visited and fantasized (yes, fantasized) that I was some kind of National Geographic photographer on some special assignment!

Over the last couple of years I became more serious about photography - by serious, I mean investing the time into taking formal photography classes and of course investing in my gear to a point where it's become much more than an expensive hobby.

I've also finally discovered what I really enjoy photographing over this past year. I love photographing babies and children. Don't get me wrong, I love photographing sports, events, pets and couples but I find catching the moment of babies and children to be most rewarding because they're not so little for so long and they are so much fun!!


So that's me in a nutshell - I hope to keep blogging and posting photos of my photosessions, travels from before and other randomness :)

No comments: