Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years!

My gosh... I can't believe we're saying goodbye to 2008 and welcoming in 2009 tonight!

2008 has been especially a good year for me. I've been very fortunate to be able to pursue my love for photography and I have to thank all of you for EVERYTHING!

THANK YOU to you, the new parents, who chose me to enter your home to take precious moments with your newborn baby (and allowing me to move your furniture around lol), to the parents who had me capture their baby's laughter and at milestones during the 1st year, to the families who I had so much fun with taking silly family portraits that it was hard for me to keep a straight face!

A HUGE thank you to the couples who had me document their big day, their wedding day! Wow, it was amazing to be part of each wedding and I found myself on more than a few occasions a little bit teary eyed from the emotions and the love that I was witnessing.

Also a BIG thanks to those who referred me to their friends! My photography services took off because of word of mouth referrals. Yes, my gazillions postings on facebook did help a bit but it was the REFERRALS that made 2008 a success. Thank you for believing in me.

To Vinster and my friends who put up with me with all my photography chatter - THANK YOU for being my soundboard and being my support system and pushing me to do better. You guys are my rock!

Wow... I started off this blog entry thinking that I was going to do something short but there are lots of people to thank and there are even more people that I would like to thank too for all their support in the present and the past.

I'm learning and growing everyday as a photographer and I feel as though I have just begun this journey because there's so much that I want to do. Thank you for sharing this journey with me so far. I am so THRILLED to see what 2009 brings!

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

Love,
mika

No comments: