Friday, December 12, 2008

oh Vegas, here I come... (and an update from my post vacation)

I'll be in Vegas tomorrow after THREE legs of flight..

flight #1: Vancouver to Portland
flight #2: Portland to Seattle
flight #3: Seattle to Vegas

In my defense, these Alaska Airlines tickets were the cheapest and most convenient when we purchased it 4 months ago! Now, on Allegiant Air, they are 1/3 of the price and of course one flight will get you there! Hmphh!


__________________________________________________________

UPDATE! As of Jan 1 , 2009

Have you ever had that feeling after a vacation, you need a vacation from your vacation?? Don't know if that makes sense but I think I had the vacation blues after coming back from Vegas!

Vegas on a whole was great!!! The flight there was good - I don't remember most of the three legs of flight there which I guess is a good thing. Awesome shopping at the Fashion Mall and the outlets - an unfortunate sign of the recession times but for the shopper like me, not bad! I saw my first Cirque du Soleil show "Mystiere" at Treasure Island and I felt like I wanted to join them bouncing around!!! Gosh, does Cirque breed these super people? I imagine that they have some factory in the middle of nowhere where they manufacture these acrobats. Incredible!

It snowed while we were in Vegas - but it didn't stick to the ground so it was more like a sprinkle of snow but the locals were amazed. They said it only happens once every couple of years.

Anyway, back to the vacation blues. I guess that once you step away from what you're doing everyday and you go off on a vacation and you come back to your "regular routine", you feel an overwhelming sense of "holy moly, I can't believe I've been doing ALL of this this whole time!". Well, that's the feeling that I got when I returned so for about a week and a half I took it easy and let my brain take a vacation meaning I was still working my full time job but no endless hours of post processing or shoots. Just having oodles of quality time with the people around me and especially my baby nephew Kaden during Christmas.

This was my first time that I haven't blogged for more than 2 weeks! So I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and made memories that will keep you laughing for years to come.

MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS!!

:) mika

No comments: