Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF! Cherry blossom stalking with my Dad!

Yay, it's Friday!

A couple of weeks ago I spent the whole day with my dad going all over Vancouver to search for the best cherry blossoms and the best spots to take photos....my dad was my camera assistant / model / driver / guide....wow and did I ever learn a lot from that day.

Here's what I learned:

1. There are hundreds of different kinds of cherry blossoms. Or maybe it was a thousand different types. Anyway, there's one type called Akebono which is funny because wasn't he the gi-normous sumo wrestler?
2.Vancouver is blessed to have so many cherry blossoms - apparently we're famous for having an abundance of them.
3. My dad loves being in front of the camera - he likes to pose.
4. I now know the difference between a pre-bloom and post bloom cherry blossom.
5. White cherry blossoms are nice to look at but they turn out horrible in pictures. At least it did in my photos.
6. People really do think that my dad is David Suzuki. Especially in Kitsilano.
7. Cherry blossom stalking is a great way to spend the day with my dad
- we had a great day!

Thanks to Fong and Kanata and others for informing me of the best spots for cherry blossoms!


Kitsilano and Burrard Station
Otosan Sakura 1 650px

Otosan Sakura-2

Graveley Street, East Van
- not really sure what kind of pose this is.
Otosan Sakura-4

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

cKAM Photography said...

your dad is so cute!!!!!!!! glad you had a great father-daughter bonding experience that day :)